CENTERPLATE UNVEILS NEW, FAMILY-FRIENDLY AND HEALTHY MENU ITEMS FOR 2018 LONG ISLAND DUCKS SEASON
Delicious fare hopes to hit a “home run” with fans
Centerplate, food and beverage provider to the nation’s leading sports venues, today announced an array of menu choices that will be available for purchase at all Long Island Ducks home games in 2018. The additions are sure to delight Ducks fans for another exciting season at Bethpage Ballpark.
“Before each season, our team of culinary and service professionals work diligently to reimagine the menus for fans,” said Paige Willauer, Centerplate General Manager at Bethpage Ballpark. “We are thrilled to unveil the menu options for what will be a fun-filled 2018 season for Ducks fans.”
At the “QuackerJack’s Grill” stands along 1st and 3rd base, Ducks fans can now enjoy a newly revamped kids’ meal, consisting of a Nathan’s All Beef Hot Dog, a bag of Herr’s Chips, and a box of Mott’s Apple Juice. Also, at the “Duck Island Kitchen” stand behind home plate, Centerplate will offer a kids’ meal (certified Kosher) that entails an Uncrustable PB&J Sandwich, Musselman’s Applesauce, and Mott’s Apple Juice.
Thursday’s at the park will feature beer and food specials upstairs in The Duck Club for 2018. Featured specialty items will include the “Duck Dog”, a Nathan’s regular Hot Dog topped with pulled pork and mac and cheese, a ½ lb Pub Burger, Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas, Fried Calamari, and a Full or Half order of BBQ/Buffalo Wings.
Each night, The Duck Club will also feature a Chef’s Special Appetizer, Entrée, and Dessert.
Other 2018 offerings also include:
• New and Improved QuackerJack Grills: Along the 1st and 3rd base lines, fan favorites return, including Chicken Tenders and Fries, Burgers, and Grilled Chicken Sandwiches. Additionally, there are Nathan’s Regular Hot Dogs, Nathan’s Foot Long Dogs, and Nathan’s Crinkle Cut Fries, along with Soft Salted Pretzels, Nachos with Cheese, and Deep Fried Oreos. There are also hot beverages here for the colder games, with coffee, tea and more, available from local Long Island supplier, Hampton Coffee.
• Duck Island Kitchen Upgrades: Located behind home plate, the Duck Island Kitchen features Nathan’s Hot Dogs as well, but also a mix of health-conscious options. There are Roast Beef, Turkey, Chicken Caesar, or Buffalo Chicken sandwiches, offered with a bag of Herr’s Chips and side of red skin potato salad. There are also grab-and-go options of Guacamole and Chips, Hummus and Pretzels, Fruit and Cheese, Crudités, and small and large salads.
• Fresh Enhancements to The Pizza Stand: On the 3rd base line, The Pizza Stand will once again be home of Smokin’ Al’s Pulled Pork Sandwiches. The Pizza Stand will also feature Pepperoni and Cheese Pizza, made fresh daily at the ballpark, and also Sweet Italian Sausage and Cheesesteaks, both with sautéed green peppers, red peppers, and onions on top of a fresh hoagie roll.
• Gluten-Free, Vegan and Kosher Options Abound: For those fans with special dietary needs, the Duck Island Kitchen has the most items to choose from. Specifically for gluten-free choices, there are salads with balsamic vinaigrette, and all sandwiches can also be made on a gluten-free bun. The fruit and cheese, crudité, and chips are also all gluten-free. Additionally, the Herr’s Chips are kosher as are bottled waters. The new Divvie Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies are also certified Kosher and Vegan. Vegan burgers can be found in the Duck Club, as well.
• Decadent Ballpark Treats: The food ports on the 3rd base line offer the walking taco (a bag of Doritos topped with cheese, salsa, jalapenos, and sour cream), Nacho Helmet (Nachos served in a Ducks Helmet), Oreo Churros and Cinnamon Sugar Churros.
• We All Scream for Ice Cream: Brand new for 2018, “Mister Quackers” Soft Serve Ice Cream comes to both the Duck Island Kitchen and The Pizza Stand. There will be chocolate, vanilla, or a twist, all available in three different sizes: kiddie cup, a helmet cup, and a waffle cone. Toppings will include a chocolate sprinkle or a rainbow sprinkle. Dippin’ Dots are also back for the 2018 season and can be found at the 1st Base portable and in the Pizza Stand.
• Popcorn Poppin’ Off: Freshly popped popcorn is available at the Duck Island Kitchen, at the Popcorn stand on the 1st base side and the Pretzel Popcorn portable outside of the 3rd base grill.
• Refreshing Beer Offerings: 2018 will offer no shortage of beer choices for thirsty fans at the ballpark. Both premium and craft offerings from labels like Bud, Bud Light, Blue Point Brewery, Great South Bay Brewery, Heineken, Heineken Light, Tecate, Montauk Brewing Co., Sam Adams and Brooklyn Brewery will all be available both in package and on tap. Also, “Duck Tail Ale”, the Ducks branded craft beer brewed by Great South Bay Brewery, will feature a new recipe offering more taste to fans looking for a true hometown brew. The Beer Garden in Left Field will also provide a fun atmosphere to enjoy the game with a slew of package beer offerings.
Centerplate looks forward to welcoming all fans to Bethpage Ballpark for a great 2018 “All-Star Summer”.
Centerplate is a global leader in live event hospitality, "Making It Better To Be There®" for more than 100 million guests each year at premier venues across North America. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to more than 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 14 Super Bowls and 22 World Series. Visit the company online at Centerplate.com, connect via Twitter @centerplate, Instagram @Centerplate_ or Facebook.com/centerplate.